About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

School Leadership for Social Change in Haiti: Presentation at AERA 2014

Over the next five days, the largest gathering of educational researchers in the world will take place in Philadelphia for the American Educational Research Association annual conference. I am privileged to present a chapter I have written for a book on international perspectives on school leadership.

The chapter I have written is entitled "school leadership for social change in Haiti" and is based on research I have done over the past three years in Haiti. The key aspects of the research are shown in the framework below:


The opportunity to present with people like Gaetane Jean-Marie, Jeff Brooks, and Anthony Normore, key figures in the field of school leadership, is an amazing opportunity. As we consider school leadership from different contexts, I hope to contribute to our understanding of how exemplary school leaders are nurtured in fragile states such as Haiti.

No comments: