About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Digital Mentoring Project Updates

We have been fortunate to bring a lot of BlackBerry phones with us to Haiti. These are being used to connect educators with each other, both in Haiti and in Canada. I distributed 6 of the phones in Pignon to various principals. Today, I identified a number of other participants, including the Director of the Ministry of Education and a number of principals in private and public schools.

I am so thankful to BlackBerry for their donation and to the people of Waterloo Region who also believed in this project and donated used BlackBerries - at the end of the week, I will post some pictures of principals who receive these BBs.

No comments: