About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Laurier in Haiti - May 2013 Education Trip Announcement

I am excited to announce that our May 2013 trip with Laurier students and Waterloo teachers to Haiti is now confirmed! We will be in Haiti from May 9-19, spending three days in Pignon (central Haiti) and a week in Cap-Haitien (northern Haiti).

The focus of the trip is to establish person-to-person relationships with teachers in Haiti and to strengthen the partnerships that Laurier has with the Ministry of National Education and the Public University of the North at Cap-Haitien.

We will be leading English as a Foreign Language classes and activities at the university as well as with high school students.

The Laurier group consists of four students who are completing their Bachelor of Education, two teachers (one retired, one completing a Master of Education at Laurier), as well as myself and one of my daughters.

There is great excitement building amongst our partners in Haiti and I think the Laurier group is pretty excited too!  Follow this blog for more details. We will also be sending real-time updates via twitter (follow @drstevesider and #laurierhaiti2013).

No comments: