About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Presentations on Haiti this week

This week I'm doing seven presentations in Waterloo schools regarding the digital mentoring project in Haiti!  This, combined with presentations at two universities in the past month, has really increased interest in the project.  Next week, I'm talking to a group of interested adults in Toronto. 

As momentum builds, we are working on the leadership modules which will be electronically available as of May.  We've received a number of the iPads and are considering how we can most effectively use them.  I'm starting to hear from my principal colleagues in Haiti too and excitement is building there too!

No comments: