About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Program for Cdn Teachers Overseas Cancelled

I found this announcement disheartening - CIDA is canceling funding for a program which supported Canadian teachers volunteering overseas.  It seems to me that one of the best ways to support glocal learning and understanding is for Cdn teachers to experience education in other parts of the world.  Not only do Canadian teachers learn from these experiences but they also contribute to the development of improved educational settings and systems in the countries in which they serve.  The program utilized volunteers so the costs were minimal.

Read the full story on the (click): Globe and Mail

No comments: