- 400 teachers and principals completed courses and practicum (35 hours of instructional time).
- 150 children attended a science, arts, and English as a Second Language (ESL) camp.
- 40 university students attended an ESL program.
- Interviews with 14 ELI participants in which they discussed how the professional learning courses has impacted their teaching.
- Three workshops on technology and education with a combined attendance of 360 participants.
|Participants gather for our graduation ceremony|
|One section of Math participants with their certificates|
What is perhaps most significant and difficult to quantify is the massive impact that ELI is having on student learning outcomes. However, we heard testimony-after-testimony from teachers that their teaching practices were much more active, experiential, and inclusive. The principals discussed observing classrooms which were much more engaging for children. The Haitian coordinators of the program were astounded with the success of this year's ELI. The Canadian participants provided evidence of how their teaching skills and intercultural competencies have been enhanced.
|Participants lining up for the day's session|
|Each participant receives a USB memory key with LOTS of resources in French|
Our goal is to impact the student learning outcomes of 100,000 students in Haiti. After this week of professional learning, it is clear that we are well on our way to accomplishing this goal.